Receptive Language Assessment with Splingo
Essential Screening Tool for Receptive Language
The Receptive Language Assessment is an essential professional tool from the authors of the highly successful language comprehension game, Splingo’s Language Universe.
Developed by experienced Speech and Language Pathologists/Therapists to assess language comprehension skills from preschool level upwards, the Receptive Language Assessment is an essential professional tool.
Using high-quality, engaging images and animations the Receptive Language Assessment tests language comprehension of a variety of word types, at four different levels of complexity. At the touch of a button, the Receptive Language Assessment provides a detailed analysis of the results, including a breakdown by sentence complexity, sentence type and individual errors.
The clear and professional report can be saved, emailed and printed for inclusion in clinical/educational records.
Receptive Language Assessment Features
The assessment is fully customisable to meet your student’s or client’s needs:
- Assess a variety of word/sentence types at 4 increasing levels of complexity
- Generate clear, professional reports at the touch of a button and print via email for intervention planning and inclusion in client’s records
- Create multiple client profiles including thumbnail photos
- Select US or UK vocabulary options
- Select US or UK audio options
- Real voice (not synthesized)
- Save an assessment part-way through and return at a later date
- Select start and end points based on your client’s language levels
- Trial items to allow the student/client to become familiar with the assessment format
- Include/exclude reward system featuring our entertaining alien, Splingo
- Include/exclude the written sentence to assist comprehension, or for use as a reading comprehension assessment
Test receptive language of varying levels of complexity
The Receptive Language Assessment with Splingo tests a variety of word and sentence types at four different levels of complexity.
- 1 main word: Object nouns, person nouns, location nouns, verbs, prepositions, size adjectives, colour adjectives and attribute adjectives
- 2 main words: Seven different sentence types, e.g. object-person, adjective-object, etc.
- 3 main words: Seven different sentence types, e.g. adjective-object-location, person-action-location, etc.
- 4 main words: Seven different sentence types, e.g. object-preposition-adjective-location, person-action-preposition-location.
Lighten your load and make heavy awkward paper-based assessments a thing of the past. Capitalise on children’s natural fascination with technology and engage them in fun, motivating language assessments while getting the language results you need!
N.B. The Receptive Language Assessment with Splingo is designed to be used by SLPs/SLTs, teachers, psychologists and other professionals qualified in child development/teaching.
“The children all love Splingo…especially the encouraging words (yep,yep,yep, ooh whoo etc!)
and the rocket! The pace is great for speech/language delayed children.”
“I thought it was great and the best app yet that I have come across for dealing with all the concepts that are facing him currently, e.g. Listening skills, memory skills etc.”