At the Speech and Language Store we take your privacy seriously. As parents ourselves, the safety of children online (and any everywhere else!) is extremely important to us.
We do not collect personally identifiable information within our apps (for example first and last name, address etc). Identifiers from your device are only collected for internal usage to help improve app design and performance. For example information is collected on app crashes, number of installs (sales) and app usage time. This is collected through a third party provider; Flurry which is part of Yahoo (https://developer.yahoo.com/analytics/). The restricted version of Flurry Analytics ("Flurry") is used. We do not track any more information than is necessary to improve the quality of our apps and services. The information collected by the third party provider is used solely by us and not shared with anyone else.
• None of our apps contain In App Purchases
• Our apps do not use or collect a user’s geographic location.
• Our apps do not contain Social Network Integration
• Our apps do not contain any advertising banners.
• Our apps may contain links to our website and Facebook/Twitter pages.
• These links are found on a contained, adult-targeted settings screen separate from game play screens, and are for parents/professionals to find out more about our apps. In our newer apps these links are behind a parental gate, which requires the user to follow a written instruction to gain access. We are currently in the process of updating our existing apps to include this feature also.
If you have any questions about privacy relating to our apps, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries or are experiencing any issues with any of our apps,
please email us and we’ll be more than happy to help. Any feedback greatly
appreciated! Here’s the answers to some common questions we get:
How can I get Splingo to repeat an instruction?
In our original app, Splingo’s Language Universe you can hear the instruction
again by pressing directly on Splingo himself. In our other apps, there is a
repeat button in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
I can’t hear Splingo’s instructions –
how do I get the audio to play on my iPad/iPhone/iPod touch?
99% of the time this is caused by the mute button on your device being
switched on! The mute button is above the volume control on the side of the
device. If the orange dot is showing it means the app is muted,
so you just need to flick the switch.
The app sometimes crashes in the middle of a game – how do I stop this?
The most common cause of crashing with any app is having lots of apps all
running in the background. When you press the ‘home’ button to exit an app,
in many cases the app doesn’t actually stop running; it keeps going in the
background. This can drain the battery of your device and overload its processor,
causing crashes, so it’s important to close your apps down regularly.